University of Maryland University College
Intermediate Accounting I
Week Five Homework
1. Andrea Sampri Sporting Goods Store purchases sporting goods merchandise on account from various vendors.
The terms of the purchase are 2/10, n/30. The delivery date and invoice date is May 15, 2015. The amount of the total amount of the invoice is $12,000.
Andrea uses the periodic inventory system and the gross method of recording.
1) Record the invoice on May 15, 2015.
2) Record the payment if payment is made on May 20, 2015.
3) Record the payment is payment is made on May 30, 2015.
2. Partial information follows about net sales, net purchases, cost of goods sold, gross profit, total expenses and net income for Jensen Company. Compute the missing values.
Sales discounts 62,000
Sales returns & allowances ?
Net sales $2,305,000
Purchase discounts ?
Purchase returns & allowances 8,000
Net purchases $1,475,000
Cost of Goods Sold
Beginning inventory $ 256,300
Ending inventory 223,600
Cost of goods sold ?
Gross profit ?
Rent $ 108,100
Total expenses $ 726,900
Net income ?
ACCT310 Week Five Homework Continued: Page 2 of 3
3. Jill Hansen owns Interior Designs, a furniture store. One of her most popular items is a leather recliner.
Following is the recliner inventory activity for August. The recliners on hand at August 1 had a unit cost of $280.
Units on Hand
120 units @ $300
140 units @ $510
180 units @ $340
110 units @ $590
1) If Interior Designs uses the first-in, first-out (FIFO) inventory method and periodic approach, what values would be assigned to ending inventory, cost of goods sold and gross profit?
2) If Interior Designs uses the last-in, first-out (LIFO) inventory method and periodic approach, what values would be assigned to ending inventory, cost of goods sold and gross profit?
3) If Interior Designs uses the weighted-average inventory method and periodic approach, what values would be assigned to ending inventory, cost of goods sold and gross profit?
4. Maverick Equipment Rental was burglarized on 2/15/15. It is unclear how many items were stolen. Maverick and its insurance company are currently working to estimate the dollar value of the stolen goods in order to reach a financial settlement under the existing property insurance policy.
Maverick’s tax return prepared at the end of 2014 revealed that the ended 2014 with a total inventory of $600,000. Maverick uses the same inventory account methods for tax and accounting purposes.
The insurance company has contacted Maverick’s suppliers and confirmed Maverick’s claim that purchases for 2015, prior to the date of the burglary, were $1,200,000. All inventory was purchased, FOB destination.
2015 sales taxes collected by Maverick and remitted to the state, prior to the date of the theft, were $135,000. The sales tax rate is 7% of sales.
An inventory was taken immediately after the burglary and the cost of equipment in stock was $370,000.
Maverick consistently sells equipment at a gross profit margin of 30%.
Required: Use the gross profit method to estimate the dollar value of stolen property.
ACCT310 Week Five Homework Concluded: Page 3 of 3
5. Determine the missing amounts assuming that this company uses the periodic inventory system.
Sales returns & allowances
Purchase returns & allowances
Cost of goods sold
6. International Paper adopted the dollar-value LIFO method on January 1, 2015. It’s inventory on January 1, 2015 was $160,000. On December 31, 2015, the inventory at prices existing on that date amounted to $140,000. The price level at January 1, 2015 was 100 and the price level at December 31, 2015 was 112.
Required. Compute the amount of the inventory at December 31, 2015, under the dollar-value LIFO method.
END OF WEEK 5 HOMEWORK
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.