Chapter 2 Assignment
1. Obtaining information to assess an individual student is a multifaceted and complex endeavor. Which activity is used to most formally and objectively obtain comprehensive background information about the student you are assessing?
a. Process monitoring
b. An informal question-and-answer session
c. Grades from all previous institutions
d. A case history
2. Read Lucy and the RTI Process (Student Stories 2.1). Answer the following question:
How did the RTI procedure indicate that Lucy does not have a disability?
3. The process of student assessment can be broken up into five parts. What part refers to determining a prospective student’s eligibility to receive disability-related services?
4. Describe the 6 stages of the IEP process. What is the purpose of each stage?
5. The Individuals with Disabilities Education Improvement Act of 2004 (IDEA-2004) mandates that an individual student ________ demonstrate a severe discrepancy between intellectual ability and achievement.
a. must always
b. must usually
c. need not
d. must conditionally
6. Responsiveness-to-Intervention (RTI) is an assessment strategy used to identify what types of students who are experiencing learning-related difficulties?
7. Read Ozzie: Using the Discrepancy Construct (Student Stories 2.2). Answer the following question:
How was the discrepancy procedure used in the evaluation of Ozzie?
8. The justices in the Supreme Court case Forest Grove v. T.A. (2009) ruled that under the principles of IDEA-2004, a student has the right to a comprehensive evaluation to determine eligibility, an evaluation that is both appropriate and ________?
9. Which piece of legislation mandated that individual states propose, develop, and implement statewide assessment measures to ensure adherence to state standards in a broad range of academic subjects, ranging from reading to science?
10. IDEA-2004 specifies the participants for the IEP meeting. Name and describe the role of each of the participants.
11. Assistive Technology Assignment
Locate 20 assistive technology resources than can be used with students with learning disabilities. In a list form or in a table, give a brief description, purpose, and the web link or website for each resource. Include such tangible items as classroom amplification systems (Redcat is one brand name), Smart pens, Alpha Smart products, calming products for students with ASD, apps and assistive technology for students with reading disabilities, apps and assistive technology for math disabilities assistive technology for students with ADHD, etc. A list of apps is not acceptable. After submitting the 20 resources, make a comment to two classmates about his/her submissions on the discussion board.
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.