For this assignment, you will determine performance measures for your proposed informatics solution.
My practicum project is about the implementation of a Digital Front Door at a Level two trauma Hospital.
Include an introduction and conclusion paragraph.
No matter what your practicum project entails, performance measurement is required to validate the success of your project.
For those who may question if performance measurement is needed for your project, below is an example of performance measurement in an informatics education project:
The project relates to a data integrity challenge and includes an investigation of the reasons and possible solutions for inadequate clinical documentation for signs and symptoms of a disease process. The informatics learner developed an EHR template to be used by providers that will improve clinical documentation and data integrity. To determine if the solution was effective, after the stakeholders are trained and the informatics solution is implemented, the informatics learner/stakeholder can audit a group of 25 or more clinical records to determine if clinical documentation improved as compared to clinical documentation before the solution was implemented.
Measuring performance provides evidence for how well an organization’s system is currently working and the degree of success it has when changes are applied. In 500-750 words, determine the performance measures that will be used to evaluate whether the proposed informatics solution meets the specified goals for the project and the organization and describe how these will be implemented.
Ensure that the performance measures and their implementation are relevant to the proposed solution and appropriate for the organization.
Include the following:
1. Develop the performance measures for the project. Describe what these are and what they are intended to measure. In addition to the project’s implementation, effectiveness, and functionality, consider measurements for how well the plan was executed, the cost/cost components (if relevant), schedule variables, and scope.
2. Evaluate how the performance measures will also determine whether the proposed project is meeting the organizational objectives.
3. Compare and contrast two or three industry tools and methodologies that could be used to evaluate the success of the project’s implementation. Provide rationale for the tools and methodologies selected.
4. Develop the strategies for implementing performance measures to evaluate the project. Explain how and when the performance measures will be implemented throughout the project.
5. Assess the reasons why the proposed project may not meet the performance measures. In what circumstances would the proposed project not meet the organizational objectives?
6. Create a mitigation plan and discuss how it will be implemented if the project improvement outcomes do not meet performance measures or organizational objectives.
You are required to cite a minimum of three scholarly resources to complete this assignment. Sources must be published within the past 5 years and appropriate for the assignment criteria and health care and health informatics content.