MODULE 2 DISCUSSION
1. Describe a personal experience as an employee or leader/manager with a company or institutional restructure.
a. How would the structural perspective have been helpful to your understanding of the rationale for the restructure (as employee or leader/manager)?
b. How would the human resources perspective have been helpful in the implementation of the restructure (as employee or leader/manager)?
MODULE 2 CASE READING
1. -Mingji, D. (2013). Contingency theory of leadership. In E. Kessler (Ed.), Encyclopedia of management theory (pp. 148–152). Thousand Oaks, CA: SAGE Publications Inc.
2. MacDonald, H., & Sully de Luque, M. (2013). Path-goal theory of leadership. In E. Kessler (Ed.), Encyclopedia of management theory (pp. 580–584). Thousand Oaks, CA: SAGE Publications Inc.
3. Evans, M. G. (2002). Chapter 4: Path-goal theory of leadership. In C. Schriesheim & L. L. Neider (Eds.), Leadership (pp. 115–138). Greenwich, Conn: Information Age Publishing.
4. Ayman, R. (2002). Chapter 7: Contingency model of leadership effectiveness: Challenges and achievements. In C. Schriesheim & L. L. Neider (Eds.), Leadership (pp. 197–222). Greenwich, Conn: Information Age Publishing.
Module 2 Case Assignment
Use the readings to write a 3- to 4-page paper (excluding title page and reference list) that includes the following components:
B. Describe the major components of contingency theory.
C. Describe the major components of Path-Goal theory.
D. Discuss the criticism, or weaknesses, of contingency theory and Path-Goal theory.
· Use the Chapter 7 reading from Ayman (2002) to discuss the potential weaknesses of contingency theory.
· Use the Chapter 4 reading from Evans (2002) to discuss the potential weaknesses of Path-Goal theory.
E. Select one theory (contingency or Path-Goal) and reflect on its potential application to your current, or future, educational setting.
· Is this theory useful for a leader/manager?
· Is this theory useful to organizational success or student success?
MODULE 2 SLP
Consider the following questions (and take notes) while you read the chapters:
· What are the assumptions of the structural frame?
· What are the assumptions of the human resources frame?
1. Read: Chapter 3: Getting Organized (p. 43–68) and Chapter 6: People and Organizations (pp. 115–136) in: Bolman, L. G., & Deal, T. E. (2013). Reframing organizations: Artistry, choice, and leadership. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass.
Consider the following questions (and take notes) while you read the following excerpt and case studies. Use the page numbers below to locate the case studies in the Bolman and Deal (2013) textbook.
2. Read: Work and Motivation: A Brief Tour (pp. 119–129) within Chapter 6 of:Bolman, L. G., & Deal, T. E. (2013). Reframing organizations: Artistry, choice, and leadership. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass.
· How does Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs, Theory X and Theory Y, and Argyris’ Personality and Organization support how the structural frame is related to the human resources frame?
3. Read case studies Beth Israel Hospital and Ford Motor Company (pp. 90-92) in Chapter 4 of:Bolman, L. G., & Deal, T. E. (2013). Reframing organizations: Artistry, choice, and leadership. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass.
· As Joyce Clifford undertakes a restructure at Beth Israel Hospital, what elements of the human resources frame, with a focus on theories of human needs, should she consider?
· As Allen Mullaly undertakes a restructure at Ford Motor Company, what elements of the human resources frame, with a focus on theories of human needs, should he consider?
Write a 2- to 3-page paper (excluding title page and reference list) that includes the following components:
B. Create a two-column table that includes the components of the structural frame and human resources frame.
C. Reflect on the interaction of the structural frame and the human resources frame.
· Select one case study (Beth Israel or Ford Motor Company) related to a restructure.
· Select one human needs theory (Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs or Theory X and Theory Y or Argyris’ Personality and Organization)
· Respond to the following questions:
1. What aspects of human needs should Joyce Clifford or Allen Mullaly consider during a restructure?
2. In your opinion, what is the potential negative or positive impact of considering human needs during a restructure?
D. Reflect on how the structural frame or human resources frame is useful to you in your current role as a leader or manager.
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.