This purpose of this assignment is for the student to present a complete picture of interdisciplinary care using specific therapeutic modalities in the care of a complex adult health client. The student will demonstrate clinical reasoning skills and will discuss interdisciplinary care that had been incorporated and/or anticipated using a healthcare technology or therapeutic modality for the care of the complex health client.
Course outcomes: This assignment enables the student to meet the following course outcomes:
1. Provide patient and family centered nursing care to adults with complex health needs using theories and principles of nursing and related disciplines. (PO 1)
2. Initiate the use of appropriate resources in direct care responsibilities within complex adult health situations. (PO 2)
3. Demonstrate effective therapeutic communication and relationship skills in family centered nursing care to adults with complex health needs. (PO 3)
4. Demonstrate effective clinical decision making based on critical thinking skills and legal, ethical, and professional standards and principles when caring for patients and families with complex adult health needs. (POs 4 and 6)
5. Implement a plan of care for continued personal, professional, and educational development related to nursing practice with complex adult health situations. (PO 5)
7. Use evidence including research findings from nursing and related disciplines to answer clinical questions related to nursing care of patients with complex adult health needs. (PO 8)
Due date: Your faculty member will inform you when this assignment is due. The Late Assignment Policy applies to this assignment.
Total points possible: 100 points
Preparing the assignment
Follow these guidelines when completing this assignment. Speak with your faculty member if you have questions.
1) therapeutic modality : Ultrasound
2) Refer to your faculty member if your selection requires prior approval.
3) Write a 4-5 page paper (not including the title page or reference page) using APA format.
4) For APA, formatting, or grammar assistance visit the APA Citation and Writing page in the online library.
5) Include the following sections (detailed criteria listed below and in the Grading Rubric):
a. Introduction – 5 points/5%
• The chosen therapeutic modality or healthcare technology meets one of the following criteria:
o Has been introduced recently at the bedside for care of the complex adult patient.
o Is a non-traditional modality for very ill patients in special circumstances.
o Is being used in a new way to treat a patient with complex needs.
o Requires specific training above and beyond general entry-level nursing education.
• Introduce the therapeutic modality or healthcare technology.
NR341 Complex Adult Health
RUA Interdisciplinary Management of Healthcare Technology Guidelines
• Name the therapeutic modality or healthcare technology.
• A brief fictional case is used to illustrate the therapeutic modality or healthcare technology.
b. Explanation and Background– 15 points/15%
• Include a clear description of the therapeutic modality or healthcare technology.
• Discuss how the therapeutic modality or healthcare technology works.
• Describe the patient population it is used for.
• Include medication, safety, and cost considerations as applicable.
c. Risks and Benefits– 15 points/15%
• Describe how the therapeutic modality or healthcare technology can benefit the patient.
• Discuss ways to promote positive outcomes.
• Explain the complications that may arise.
• Discuss considerations for preventing complications.
d. Interdisciplinary team’s Roles and Responsibilities– 20 points/20%
• Identify all interdisciplinary team members caring for the patient, such as respiratory therapy, assistive personnel, providers, case managers, clinical nurse specialists, and researchers.
• Describe the roles and responsibilities of each member of the healthcare team that is involved in the use of the therapeutic modality or healthcare technology.
• Discuss the roles and responsibilities of the nurse as a member of the interdisciplinary team caring for the patient.
• Discuss one challenge in working with an interdisciplinary team.
e. Nursing Scope of Practice – 15 points/15%
• Discuss the knowledge needed for the Registered Nurse to provide care for the patient using the therapeutic modality or healthcare technology.
• Describe skills needed for the Registered Nurse to provide care for the patient using therapeutic modality or healthcare technology.
• Discuss attitudes needed for the Registered Nurse to provide care for the patient using therapeutic modality or healthcare technology.
f. Patient Education – 20 points/20%
• Describe the information to be taught to the patient and/or family.
• Discuss how information will be taught.
• Discuss potential cultural considerations to teaching
• Explain how the effectiveness of the teaching will be evaluated.
g. Conclusion – 5 points/5%
• Provide a summary of the paper.
• No new information is introduced.
• Include additional resources for further learning.
h. APA Style and Organization – 5 points/5%
• References are submitted with paper.
• Uses current APA format and is free of errors.
• Grammar and mechanics are free of errors.
• At least three (3), nursing, scholarly, peer reviewed, primary sources from the last 5 years, excluding the textbook, are provided.
Please note that your instructor may provide you with additional assessments in any form to determine that you fully understand the concepts learned.
Elitewriterhelp.com is an online academic writing site that provides a variety of services to students and professionals in need of essay, dissertation, and research paper assistance. This website was founded by experienced writers and editors who understand the needs of today’s student community. With their help, students can get a well-written paper without having to worry about the quality or accuracy of their content.
Elitewriterhelp.com offers a wide range of services that are designed to meet the needs of any student or professional looking for some extra help with their academic work. From simple editing services to complete custom writing pieces, they have something for everyone! Their team consists of highly qualified writers and editors who have years of experience in both academia and industry sectors across all fields such as English literature, nursing sciences, medical science, engineering design & technology, accounting & finance etc., making them one of the best providers around when it comes to providing quality content writing services.
When it comes to their custom writing service, Elitewriterhelp.com provides everything from essays & dissertations to research papers & lab reports; all written according to your exact specifications & requirements so that you can be sure your professor will be impressed with what you submit! They also provide formatting help which includes APA/MLA/Chicago style formatting for those stuck on tedious details like citations or bibliography entries; perfect for those last-minute assignments!
For those looking for proofreading & editing services instead; Elitewriterhelp.com has you covered too! The team at this website offer professional copyediting which can check grammar errors and spellings mistakes while still preserving your original voice within the text; ensuring that whatever piece you submit looks great while still sounding exactly how you want it do sound! What’s more is if required they can also provide advice on how best to improve certain parts in order make sure your work meets the criteria set by your professors so no marks are lost due to minor mistakes made in hurry or ignorance.
Last but not least is Elitewriterhelp’s paraphrasing service which helps take care off any plagiarism risks associated with submission an assignment where quotes are used extensively taken from sources outside class materials (eBooks etc.). The team will ensure that anything being submitted sounds fresh while leaving out any potential legal issues plaguing people using other authors works without proper permission given first when appropriate credit isn’t given otherwise – definitely something worth investing into before submitting examples cited within studies found elsewhere apart from class material sources only mentioned once during seminars etc..
To sum up: Elitewriterhelp offers students access top-notch custom writing pieces as well as editing/proofreading packages for existing ones already written – perfect for double checking against silly grammatical errors / typos overlooked during initial composition stages meaning there’s always hope even when running short on time ahead up coming deadlines looming near after long lectures spent inside classrooms sat away from laptops used mainly taking notes by hand easily misplaceable later down line afterwards rendering past efforts worthless sadly…
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.