Social and Climate Justice and the Anatomy of an Essay
Watch The Anatomy of an Essay presentation Download The Anatomy of an Essay presentation which introduces and briefly discusses key concepts of essay writing. Be sure you can hear the narration that goes along with the PowerPoint Presentation. After you click on the presentation, be sure to click on “slide show” and then “play from beginning.” Also watch the the following video, which examines an example personal essay (about happiness, instead of sustainability):Play media comment.
Next, watch the following TedTalk on the intersection of climate change and social justice. Pay close attention to the role story-telling (a part of writing) plays in her discussion.
When you have finished watching both the video and the presentation, follow the steps below towards a mini essay, which practices the techniques introduced in the presentation and video. The mini-essay should respond to the following question:
Describe a time in your life when you may have witnessed the way climate change worsened an existing social injustice.
1. FIRST! Start with Tiffany. Before you draft your mini essay, freewrite for 5 minutes in response to the prompt above. Freewriting is the behind-the-scenes writing, where you develop and discover ideas before you draft them and present them to an audience. It is really essential to freewrite first so that you have something to say. To freewrite, you simply set a timer, put your fingers on the keys (or pen to paper) and write without stopping. Just write. Don’t plan or judge or edit or worry about paragraphs or sentence structure. Just let the words come however they come. Don’t try to make it good or clear. Just write. This will give your mind a way to spill out every authentic thought it has about this prompt. More often than not, you’ll be surprised by what comes out in a freewrite. It might not be brilliant. But it will be authentic and can inspire the idea you begin to craft into an essay. The most important rule of a freewrite? DON’T STOP WRITING for the full 5 minutes. And if you write beyond that 5 minutes, even better. Keep going. Let the ideas flow. Include this freewrite with your submission.
2. (Aunt Bea) Then, from the ideas you generate in that freewrite, on the same document, draft your mini essay (guidelines below):
1. Introduction: In 2 sentences, create the context for the discussion that will follow, in your body. Then, in one more sentence, state the ONE idea you develop with the rest of your mini essay.
A. In one paragraph, DESCRIBE a specific, particular experience of injustice you have had or witnessed, in 3-4 sentences.
B. In another paragraph, ANALYZE that same experience, explaining what it means to you now, in just 3-4 sentences.
3. Conclusion: Creatively emphasize, in 3 sentences, the idea you’ve developed in the body (above).
4. Creatively title your mini essay.
3. (Frank) Copy and paste the above draft in your document so that you can work on your “final draft” separately. Read carefully through the copy of your mini essay, asking yourself what could work more effectively, what might cultivate more clarity or engagement, what might help you to create your personality on the page, and decide if there is anything you might delete or add. Refine the mini essay carefully.
Submit all three parts of the assignment, in one document, here.
Elitewriterhelp.com is an online academic writing site that provides a variety of services to students and professionals in need of essay, dissertation, and research paper assistance. This website was founded by experienced writers and editors who understand the needs of today’s student community. With their help, students can get a well-written paper without having to worry about the quality or accuracy of their content.
Elitewriterhelp.com offers a wide range of services that are designed to meet the needs of any student or professional looking for some extra help with their academic work. From simple editing services to complete custom writing pieces, they have something for everyone! Their team consists of highly qualified writers and editors who have years of experience in both academia and industry sectors across all fields such as English literature, nursing sciences, medical science, engineering design & technology, accounting & finance etc., making them one of the best providers around when it comes to providing quality content writing services.
When it comes to their custom writing service, Elitewriterhelp.com provides everything from essays & dissertations to research papers & lab reports; all written according to your exact specifications & requirements so that you can be sure your professor will be impressed with what you submit! They also provide formatting help which includes APA/MLA/Chicago style formatting for those stuck on tedious details like citations or bibliography entries; perfect for those last-minute assignments!
For those looking for proofreading & editing services instead; Elitewriterhelp.com has you covered too! The team at this website offer professional copyediting which can check grammar errors and spellings mistakes while still preserving your original voice within the text; ensuring that whatever piece you submit looks great while still sounding exactly how you want it do sound! What’s more is if required they can also provide advice on how best to improve certain parts in order make sure your work meets the criteria set by your professors so no marks are lost due to minor mistakes made in hurry or ignorance.
Last but not least is Elitewriterhelp’s paraphrasing service which helps take care off any plagiarism risks associated with submission an assignment where quotes are used extensively taken from sources outside class materials (eBooks etc.). The team will ensure that anything being submitted sounds fresh while leaving out any potential legal issues plaguing people using other authors works without proper permission given first when appropriate credit isn’t given otherwise – definitely something worth investing into before submitting examples cited within studies found elsewhere apart from class material sources only mentioned once during seminars etc..
To sum up: Elitewriterhelp offers students access top-notch custom writing pieces as well as editing/proofreading packages for existing ones already written – perfect for double checking against silly grammatical errors / typos overlooked during initial composition stages meaning there’s always hope even when running short on time ahead up coming deadlines looming near after long lectures spent inside classrooms sat away from laptops used mainly taking notes by hand easily misplaceable later down line afterwards rendering past efforts worthless sadly…
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.