Module 4 – Case
CAPITAL BUDGETING AND CAPITAL STRUCTURE
Make sure to thoroughly review the required background readings and work through both the concepts and the computational examples. The videos on computing NPV and IRR using Excel along with the sample spreadsheet should also help. If you are unable to figure out how to make the computations in Excel, then you can get partial credit by computing the answers using a calculator and thoroughly explaining your steps. For conceptual questions, make sure to thoroughly explain the reasoning for your answers and to use references from the required background readings.
Please download the Case 4 Template. You will type your answers into this document. Save the document with your last name and submit to the dropbox. Note that you will get partial credit if you show your work even if the answers are incorrect.
1. The table below gives the initial investment (the negative numbers at “Year 0”) for two projects. Compute the payback period, the NPV, and the IRR using Excel. Then rank the two projects based on each of these three criteria, and discuss which projects should be funded based on your computations.
Firm Cost of Capital:
2. The ACME Umbrella Company is deciding between two different umbrella factories. Both factories will cost $500,000 to get started. However, the cash flows for each factory will depend on whether the next five years are rainier than average or sunnier than average. Factory A will have cash flows of $130,000 per year for the next five years if the weather is sunnier than average. But if it is rainier than average the cash flows will be $150,000 per year for the next five years. Factory B will have cash flows of $100,000 per year for the next five years if it is sunnier than average, but if it is rainier than average it will have cash flows of $200,000 per year. ACME has a cost of capital of 9%. Based on this information, calculate the following:
a. Calculate the NPV for both factories and for both scenarios (rainy versus sunny). What is the range of NPV for each factory based on your scenario analysis?
b. Based on your answer to a) above, do you think ACME should use the same discount rate of 9% for each factory? Or should they use a risk-adjusted discount rate (RADR)? If so, which factory should have a higher RADR? Explain your answer with references to the background readings.
3. The Carpet Company’s shareholders require an 11% return on their investment, and stock makes up 50% of the company’s capital structure. The other half of the company’s capital structure consists of debt. The interest rate on this debt is 7%. Assume the corporate tax rate is 21%. What is carpet company’s WACC?
4. Assume the Carpet Company’s corporate tax rate falls to 0%. The company borrows money to buy back and retire half of its outstanding common stock. What happens to the company’s WACC?
· Answer the assignment questions directly.
· Stay focused on the precise assignment questions. Do not go off on tangents or devote a lot of space to summarizing general background materials.
· For computational problems, make sure to show your work and explain your steps.
· For short answer/short essay questions, make sure to reference your sources of information with both a bibliography and in-text citations. See the Student Guide to Writing a High-Quality Academic Paper, including pages 11-14 on in-text citations. Another resource is the “Writing Style Guide,” which is found under “My Resources” in the TLC Portal.
Elitewriterhelp.com is an online academic writing site that provides a variety of services to students and professionals in need of essay, dissertation, and research paper assistance. This website was founded by experienced writers and editors who understand the needs of today’s student community. With their help, students can get a well-written paper without having to worry about the quality or accuracy of their content.
Elitewriterhelp.com offers a wide range of services that are designed to meet the needs of any student or professional looking for some extra help with their academic work. From simple editing services to complete custom writing pieces, they have something for everyone! Their team consists of highly qualified writers and editors who have years of experience in both academia and industry sectors across all fields such as English literature, nursing sciences, medical science, engineering design & technology, accounting & finance etc., making them one of the best providers around when it comes to providing quality content writing services.
When it comes to their custom writing service, Elitewriterhelp.com provides everything from essays & dissertations to research papers & lab reports; all written according to your exact specifications & requirements so that you can be sure your professor will be impressed with what you submit! They also provide formatting help which includes APA/MLA/Chicago style formatting for those stuck on tedious details like citations or bibliography entries; perfect for those last-minute assignments!
For those looking for proofreading & editing services instead; Elitewriterhelp.com has you covered too! The team at this website offer professional copyediting which can check grammar errors and spellings mistakes while still preserving your original voice within the text; ensuring that whatever piece you submit looks great while still sounding exactly how you want it do sound! What’s more is if required they can also provide advice on how best to improve certain parts in order make sure your work meets the criteria set by your professors so no marks are lost due to minor mistakes made in hurry or ignorance.
Last but not least is Elitewriterhelp’s paraphrasing service which helps take care off any plagiarism risks associated with submission an assignment where quotes are used extensively taken from sources outside class materials (eBooks etc.). The team will ensure that anything being submitted sounds fresh while leaving out any potential legal issues plaguing people using other authors works without proper permission given first when appropriate credit isn’t given otherwise – definitely something worth investing into before submitting examples cited within studies found elsewhere apart from class material sources only mentioned once during seminars etc..
To sum up: Elitewriterhelp offers students access top-notch custom writing pieces as well as editing/proofreading packages for existing ones already written – perfect for double checking against silly grammatical errors / typos overlooked during initial composition stages meaning there’s always hope even when running short on time ahead up coming deadlines looming near after long lectures spent inside classrooms sat away from laptops used mainly taking notes by hand easily misplaceable later down line afterwards rendering past efforts worthless sadly…
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.