Write Fiction Essay
Fiction Essay Instructions
You must complete the required textbook readings in preparation for the Fiction Essay. This will equip you to objectively respond to the readings by compiling information from a variety of sources in order to compose a persuasive analysis of a literary work. You will also learn tofollow standard usage in English grammar and sentence structure; identify the theme and structure of each literary selection as well as the significant characteristics or elements of each genre studied; and evaluate the literary merit of a work (Syllabus MLOs: A, B, C, D, F, G and Module/Week 3 LOs: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5).
You will write a 750-word (approximately 3 pages) essay that compares and contrasts 2 stories from the Fiction Unit. Before you begin writing the essay, carefully read the below guidelines for developing your paper topic and review the Fiction Essay Grading Rubric to see how your submission will be graded. Gather all of your information, plan the direction of your essay, and organize your ideas by developing a 1-page thesis statement and outline for your essay. Format the thesis statement and the outline in a single Microsoft Word document using current MLA, APA, or Turabian style (whichever corresponds to your degree program); check your Perrine’s Literature textbook, the Harbrace Essentials Handbook and/or the link contained in the Assignment Instructions Folder to ensure correct citation format is used.
Your Fiction Essay must include a title page, a thesis/outline page, and the essay itself, followed by a works cited/references/bibliography page listing any primary and/or secondary texts cited in your essay.
Guidelines for Developing Your Paper Topic
The “Writing about Literature” section of your Perrine’s Literature textbook (pp. 1–54) and the “Writing” section of Harbrace Essentials (pp. 1–12, 15–16, 18–21, 22–28) provide helpful pointers for writing your literary essay and for academic writing in general. Be sure that you have read these sections before doing any further work for this assignment. Take particular notice of the examples of fiction essays on pp. 38–43 of Perrine’s Literature textbook.
Choose 2 of the following short stories to compare and contrast in your essay:
• “The Lottery” by Shirley Jackson• “The Destructors” by Graham Greene• “The Rocking-Horse Winner” by D.H. Lawrence• “Young Goodman Brown” by Nathaniel Hawthorne• “The Prodigal Son” by St. Luke
Also, at least 1 of these elements of fiction must be the focus of your essay:
• Conflict/Plot/Structure• Characterization• Setting• Theme/Authors’ Purposes• Point of View, and/• Tone/Style/Irony/Symbol/Imagery
If you need help focusing your essay, ask yourself questions that correspond to your chosen element(s).
Conflict/Plot/Structure (This is not a summary of the stories)
• What are the basic conflicts? How do these conflicts build tension and lead to major,complicated incidents and climactic moment(s)?• What are the ways in which each major character experiences conflict (either with self, with other characters, or with the social and/or physical environment)?• How are the conflicts resolved? Do the protagonists succeed in achieving their goals?• Which character receives your deepest sympathy and why?
• Who are the main characters in the stories?• What are their outstanding qualities? Does the author give any indication as to how or why the character developed these qualities?• What are the characters’ emotions, attitudes, and behaviors? What do these indicate to the reader about the character?• Can the characters’ motivations be determined from the text?
• Where and when do the stories take place (remember to include such details as geographic location, time of year, time period, if the setting is rural or urban, etc.)?• Do the settings make the stories believable or credible? How does setting impact the plot of the story, and how would the plot be affected if the story took place in another setting?• Are the characters influenced by their setting? How might they behave if they were in a different setting?• What atmosphere or mood does the setting create (for example, darkness may create a mood of fear or unhappiness while light or bright colors may create one of happiness)?• Is the setting or any aspect of it a symbol, or does the setting express particular ideas?• Does setting create expectations that are the opposite of what occurs?
• What is the major theme (or themes) of each story?• Are the themes of the stories similar or different?• How does the author convey the theme (or themes) to the reader?• How do the stories’ themes relate to the authors’ purposes (some examples of author purposes are to entertain, to satirize, to realistically portray life’s problems, to analyze emotions and responses, and/or to communicate a moral message)?• What unique style, techniques, or devices do the writers use to communicate their themes?
• How would you describe the tone of the piece?• Does the tone correspond with the action occurring in the plot?• What style does the author use (for example, one way an author might satirize is by including a lot of irony, hyperbole, and unrealistic scenarios)?• How might the story be different if the tone or style were to be changed?• Does the writer use irony or symbols to communicate the message?
Elitewriterhelp.com is an online academic writing site that provides a variety of services to students and professionals in need of essay, dissertation, and research paper assistance. This website was founded by experienced writers and editors who understand the needs of today’s student community. With their help, students can get a well-written paper without having to worry about the quality or accuracy of their content.
Elitewriterhelp.com offers a wide range of services that are designed to meet the needs of any student or professional looking for some extra help with their academic work. From simple editing services to complete custom writing pieces, they have something for everyone! Their team consists of highly qualified writers and editors who have years of experience in both academia and industry sectors across all fields such as English literature, nursing sciences, medical science, engineering design & technology, accounting & finance etc., making them one of the best providers around when it comes to providing quality content writing services.
When it comes to their custom writing service, Elitewriterhelp.com provides everything from essays & dissertations to research papers & lab reports; all written according to your exact specifications & requirements so that you can be sure your professor will be impressed with what you submit! They also provide formatting help which includes APA/MLA/Chicago style formatting for those stuck on tedious details like citations or bibliography entries; perfect for those last-minute assignments!
For those looking for proofreading & editing services instead; Elitewriterhelp.com has you covered too! The team at this website offer professional copyediting which can check grammar errors and spellings mistakes while still preserving your original voice within the text; ensuring that whatever piece you submit looks great while still sounding exactly how you want it do sound! What’s more is if required they can also provide advice on how best to improve certain parts in order make sure your work meets the criteria set by your professors so no marks are lost due to minor mistakes made in hurry or ignorance.
Last but not least is Elitewriterhelp’s paraphrasing service which helps take care off any plagiarism risks associated with submission an assignment where quotes are used extensively taken from sources outside class materials (eBooks etc.). The team will ensure that anything being submitted sounds fresh while leaving out any potential legal issues plaguing people using other authors works without proper permission given first when appropriate credit isn’t given otherwise – definitely something worth investing into before submitting examples cited within studies found elsewhere apart from class material sources only mentioned once during seminars etc..
To sum up: Elitewriterhelp offers students access top-notch custom writing pieces as well as editing/proofreading packages for existing ones already written – perfect for double checking against silly grammatical errors / typos overlooked during initial composition stages meaning there’s always hope even when running short on time ahead up coming deadlines looming near after long lectures spent inside classrooms sat away from laptops used mainly taking notes by hand easily misplaceable later down line afterwards rendering past efforts worthless sadly…
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.