Please read the “Whyte” Links to an external site. chapter in your Reading List.
Go to the Border Crossing discussion thread in the Discussions area. Participate in a group according to your various cultures. For example, moving from a different country, moving from high school to university, moving from work to school, moving from being a parent to being a student. Any other group that exists. You will see different discussion topics in this category. Please let your tutor-marker know if you cannot see the category that you need and we will create it for you.
Discuss and explore the border crossings your group has experienced. Include in your discussion how you have had to adjust your thinking, perceptions, evaluations, and behaviour.
As a group, identify the factors that make the transition easier and harder.
Visit the other groups’ discussions and read their responses. Your tutor-marker will put your answers together to discover what factors you have in common. You are doing action research! Welcome to the world of academia! Your factors will be recorded and sent to the administration as part of the work that I do as a Teaching Fellow at the university.
On your own, write down the privilege you lost in facing the new experience. How did it feel? What permitted you to enter into the experience despite the loss of certain familiar ways of being?
Find a way to present your ideas to the whole class. This may be a story, a drawing, an altered book—whatever feels best to you. This is your chance to be creative. (For example, here is an altered book.)
Assignment 8 involves a bit of prep-work before moving to the creative part of the assignment.
1) please do the reading this week. It provides a good stepping stone into this weeks topic which is boarder crossing (transitions) in your life.
2) please head over to the Border-crossing section under discussions, and participate in the group according to the “culture” that is most relevant to you (ie: moving from a different country, moving from high school to university, moving from work to school, moving from being a parent to being a student. Any other group that exists. You will see different discussion topics in this category) Note: if you don’t see a thread that is relevant to you and would like a new topic added, please let me know and I’ll ask Dr. Mamchur to create it.
3) Discuss and explore the border crossings your group has experienced. Include in your discussion how you have had to adjust your thinking, perceptions, evaluations, and behavior. Here, your discussion posts can be 200-500 words, as long as you feel you’ve got a chance to discuss your insights fully that is ideal.
4) As a group, identify the factors that make the transition easier and harder.
5) Visit the other groups’ discussions and read their responses. Your tutor-marker will put your answers together to discover what factors you have in common. (this will be posted as a pdf later when everyone is finished the task)
6) On your own, write down the privilege you lost in facing the new experience. How did it feel? What permitted you to enter into the experience despite the loss of certain familiar ways of being?
7) Find a way to present your ideas to the whole class. This may be a story, a drawing, an altered book—whatever feels best to you. This is your chance to be creative. (for an example of what this creative piece could look like, please see example attached in the module)
Submit your creative representation of your experience to your tutor-marker for grading via the Assignments tool. Check Syllabus for exact due dates and times.
Your tutor-marker will be looking for a composite of all the work you did in this unit:
The way in which you engaged in the group discussion about change.
The way you represented your personal exploration of privilege.
The creativity behind your summary work.
Here is an example of a young woman’s creative work that represented her crossing from the world of health and freedom to the world of illness and caring for a grandmother who was dying of Alzheimer’s. This brave young woman gave up two years of her life to live with her grandmother and take care of her. The only way the grandmother could find herself was in art. The young woman painted with her grandmother.
She created this beautiful work of art which contained the kind of painting she learned to do with her grandmother, had pieces of her grandmother’s nightgown incorporated into the work, had pearls from her own baptismal gown imbedded into the work. It was a look at her own life from birth to now, this time of her beloved grandmother’s passing. It was what she had lost and gained. It was exquisite.
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.